Monday, December 15, 2008

Mom update

It's been a while since my last update about my mom...but its time.
Yesterday, while at Church I received about 5 phone calls from the home that mom is in. She had fallen and was taken to the hospital and ended up with 7 stitches on her forehead. It was a small fall and it happens to Alzheimers patients...just wasnt fun getting 5 phone calls..kind of stressed me out! This week I need to bring mom to the doctor and I am also going to try to get her Psychiatrist to come visit. The past few times I have gone to see her...she hasnt seemed like herself...like something is off. I dont know if it is me or if there is something truely wrong with her..we shall find out.

As for me..this has been a hard time for me. The Christmas season is difficult for me...every sight, sound and smell remind me of my mom and the fun we used to have when I was growing up. I dont understand why God is doing this and why she continues to suffer...when will it end? When will mercy happen? I guess only God knows....until then we just wait and try to make her days better and brighter!

So this Christmas if you are looking for a charity to donate to..consider the Alzheimer's Association...maybe someday they will find a cure for this terrible disease...

No comments: