Thursday, October 23, 2008

A tribute to my mom!


I just returned from visiting my mom. She was down for a nap when I got there, so I sat beside her, watching her sleep. She looks so peaceful when she is asleep. Her favorite CD of classical music was playing, she had her favorite blanket to keep her warm..and me by her side to sit and keep her company. While I was sitting with her, one of her favorite pieces of music came on. She woke up almost instantly. She just laid there looking at me. I said " Hi mom" and without skipping a beat she responded with " Hi Sweeie Pie" only a name my mom can call me. She recognized for that brief moment. She knew who I was...then the moment was gone. She kept looking at me, trying to figure out who I was. I stayed with her until she fell asleep again. Telling her of what has been going on and telling her about this photo (the one above) that I keep close to me. Its the mom I remember..my strong, brave, AMAZING mom. I miss my conversations with her, I miss my lunch dates with her...I miss all the things that we used to do that I used to take advantage of...never really thinking ..there could be a day when I dont get this any longer. I aspire in so many ways to be like my mom. Strong, independent, caring, brave....she was and still is and will always be my best friend!

1 comment:

Megan said...

My prayers are with you and your Mom.