Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayer for a friend...

I took this picture when I took her engagement photos about 2 years ago....she is a beauty!!! Charlie is a lucky man!!!


This stunning girl is one my close friends from college...we were an unlikely pair. She is a tall beautiful black girl and I am a short, white girl...but that didnt stop us from becoming the closest of friends. Her name is Someca, and she needs your prayers. For the past 3 years she has been battling Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. At one point it went into remission and she was living her life again..going back to school, getting married...all of the things that she had wanted to do...but the cancer came back and it seems relentless now. I spoke with her last night and she told me it isnt the cancer that is breaking her down, it is all of the other things that are happening as well...the infections, the chemo, all the medications that she is on. my heart broke as I feel helpless....I dont know how to help, other than praying for her and being a good friend.

It's hard not to be mad at God through all of this...but she has a strong faith and really trusts that God is in control and that things will be fine! I wish I had that kind of faith!

Someca....I love you my friend and I only pray that your burdens will be lightened and that you recover quickly...and when you do....DISNEYLAND IS ON ME!!!!

No comments: