Monday, March 24, 2008

mom update....March 24, 2008

this picture was taken in October 06..she looks pretty good here!

Its been almost a year since my mom has not been home. April 1st marks 1 year since she fell and was taken to the hospital only to get worse as time went on. As the disease (Alzheimers) progresses so does my sadness. This has been such a hard year for me..watching someone you love die very slowly (they call the stage my mom is in the LONG GOODBYE)
We are now looking into Hospice care for mom...she needs a wheelchair now as well. She is like a toddler learning to walk...very small steps...then there are the times that she forgets all together how to walk. She is spending more and more of her days sleeping and sitting in her chair in the living room. The caregivers tell me that she is very peaceful when I am there..which is true. She can be having a hard day, then I come in and sit with her and she calms immediately. Its hard for me, but if it helps her I want to be there for her.
Please continue to pray for Ryan and I and Art as well....this has been a hard year for us all.

No comments: